Frequently Asked Questions
Makro Gift Cards and account cards can be used for in-store purchases only.
The online store supports mStudent, where you can allocate rebates to a school of your choice.
At this stage we accept:
- Credit cards: MasterCard and Visa credit cards that are 3D Secure-enabled.
- FNB eBucks
- Electronic Funds Transfer from South African banks. Note that we will only start processing your order once payment has been verified.
- UCount Rewards – 3D Secure-enabled
See more on Payment types
3D Secure is an initiative by Visa and MasterCard to add an extra level of security when using your credit card online. A 3D Secure-enabled credit card will require the entry of a one-time PIN before your order can be placed. If you have never set your credit card up for 3D Secure one-time PINs, your bank will automatically take you through the process the first time you try and pay.
We allow 48 hours for you to conclude an EFT payment. Should the payment not be made in this timeframe, the order will be cancelled.
Refunds will be processed against the type of payment made for the purchase i.e. credit card, EFT or eBucks and for the exact price paid. A refund can take up to 7 working days to reflect in your bank account.
Note that EFT refunds will require verification of your banking details, so please allow 7 working days from the time an online agent has confirmed your banking details for the refund to reflect. UCount Rewards that have been redeemed on the website will not be refunded back as UCount Rewards points. You will be issued with a Makro SMS voucher that can be redeemed in any one of our stores against a purchase.
For eBucks rewards, you can enter your ID number in the trolley checkout to associate your purchase with your eBucks account.
Standard Bank cardholders registered for UCount will automatically receive rewards when purchasing with their valid Standard Bank cards.
Other bank rewards programmes will assign rewards as per any normal retail transaction.
At this stage Makro supports UCount from Standard Bank and eBucks from FNB for online purchases. Please select the link below for the respective institutions Terms and Conditions pertaining to the loyalty programme.
Unfortunately at this stage we do not split any transactions for online purchases. If you attempt to pay with one method and have insufficient funds, you will be taken back to the Collection/Delivery confirmation page, where you may re-attempt with a different payment method, or go back one step and remove items from your trolley.
- Activate your UCount Rewards Card on the UCount website or by calling the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 UCOUNT (82 68 68)
- Get your UCount Rewards Card 3D SecureCode
- To check your rewards point balance, log onto your UCount Rewards profile, go to the Standard Bank Mobile banking app or SMS ‘Balance’ to 45224. SMS costs R1
- Proceed to checkout and select the UCount card option
When paying with your activated UCount Rewards card, you will need a 3D SecureCode. To get your UCount Rewards Card, 3D SecureCode follow the below steps:
- Log into your UCount Rewards Online Profile
- Select ‘Manage UCount Rewards Card’
- Select ‘Get My 3D SecureCode’