Frequently Asked Questions
Apply for a Makro Cash Loan in-store or online and get the funds deposited into your bank account within 24 hours of approval.
- A cash loan of up to R150 000
- Payment options from 12 – 60 months
- Cash in your account within 24 hours
- Interest at 27.50% (max) per annum*
- Free electronic statements (email and SMS)
- Customer Protection Insurance
Fees are subject to change and will be affected by customer risk profile.
- Death Cover - Covers your full outstanding loan balance
- Permanent Disability - Covers your full outstanding loan balance
- Temporary Disability - Covers up to 12 months’ loan instalments
- Loss of Income - Covers up to 12 months’ loan instalments
*Guardrisk Life Limited is an Authorised Financial Services Provider. Additional information on key limitations, exclusions, risks and charges related to the policy can be viewed here
Based on your risk profile a monthly service fee, initiation and competitive interest rates will be charged on your Makro Cash Loan.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be employed and earn a monthly salary of no less than R2 000/ month
- Must have an original SA Identity document (please have this document ready in-store)
- You will be required to provide proof of income documentation
SMS your ID Number* Initials* Surname* Monthly Salary to 47550
(Standard SMS rates apply)
Call Customer Care 0861 888 009 to complete and process the application
Your loan amount will be determined by your own individual profile taking into account your affordability.
The amount will be shown on your latest statement. Please check your phone for the latest MMS statement.
Call us on 0861 888 009 and we’ll set it up for you
Your monthly statement reflects the instalment that you need to pay by the 1st of the month.
Debit order: A payment is automatically debited from your bank account on the due date that you have selected.