Frequently Asked Questions
The Makro Credit is a credit facility that allows you to shop at all Makro stores nationwide
Not only does the Makro Credit give you access to a wide variety of products, it also includes:
- SMS notification on all your card purchases at no extra cost
- Email – the option to receive your statement via email
- Customer Protection Insurance
Death Cover - Covers your full outstanding loan balance - Permanent Disability - Covers your full outstanding loan balance - Temporary Disability - Covers up to 12 months’ loan instalments - Loss of Income - Covers up to 12 months’ loan instalments *Guardrisk Life Limited is an Authorised Financial Services Provider. Additional information on key limitations, exclusions, risks and charges related to the policy can be viewed here
A flat monthly service fee will be charged to your Makro Credit account as well as competitive interest rates applied on all purchases.
- You must be 18 years or older
- Have a valid SA ID or driver’s licence
- Be employed and earn R2000 or more per month
- You will be required to provide proof of income documentation
You can apply in-store or online at www.makro.co.za.
Your credit limit will be determined by your own individual profile taking into account your affordability.
You can collect your Makro Credit Card at any Makro store nationwide.
You can use Makro Credit at any Makro store nationwide or to shop online at www.makro.co.za. The Makro Credit Card can also be used to purchase at Game, DionWired, Builders and any other store within the RCS retail network.
Yes, you can view your account online by registering for Makro Self-Service at www.makro.co.za. or via the Self-Service APP available from your favourite APP store.
To Register: Click on the “my account” tab and follow the instructions. You can also download the Self-Service APP available from your favourite APP store. Please have your account and mobile numbers ready. The following services will be available via Self-Service:
- Check your available credit
- Download previous e-statements
- Opt-in for e-statements
- Update email address
- Pay your account
The amount will reflect when you log in to Self-Service as well as on your latest statement.
Call us on 0861 888 009 and we’ll set it up for you
Call us on 0861 888 009 and we’ll set it up for you.
Call us on 0861 888 009 and we’ll block the card immediately. You can then go to any Makro store nationwide and we’ll provide you with a replacement card at a nominal fee.
Your monthly statement reflects the instalment that you need to pay by the 1st of the month.
There are many ways you can pay your Makro Credit Card account:
- Debit order: A payment is automatically debited from a bank account and due date that you select. To activate, call 0861 888 009 and we’ll do it for you.
- Store: Visit any Makro store nationwide.
- Self-Service – log-in or register using your account details
- EFT payment: Simply pay the required amount by using your 19-digit account number on the front of your Makro Credit Card. Please use below details when making EFT payment.
- Account Name: Makro
- Bank: Standard Bank
- Account name: RCS Cards
- Account number: 061234745
- Branch code: 051001
- Account type: Current Account
- Pre-defined bank beneficiary: Makro Credit
- Beneficiary Reference: Card / Account Number (19 digits)
Only the cardholder can use Makro Credit for online purchases. For security purposes, the cardholder will be sent an OTP (One Time Pin) to confirm that it is indeed the cardholder shopping online
When an online purchase is made, the purchase will automatically default to the Revolving Plan. Should you require a budget plan (24 or 36 months), please call 0861 888 009 to request a plan transfer.
Terms and conditions apply. NCRCP38/FSP44481