20 g Garlic (finely chopped), 50 g Mint (finely chopped), 750 ml Cream, 15 g Robertsons Chip & Potato ,15 g Robertsons Barbecue Spice, 1 g Nutmeg (ground), 2.9 kg Potatoes (finely sliced),
JUS: 150 g Knorr Jus, 1 L Water
4 Lamb cutlets, (trimmed)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170 ˚C.
2. In a pot, add the garlic, mint, cream, Robertsons Chip & Potato Seasoning, Robertsons Barbecue Spice and nutmeg. Reduce by 1/3 and strain.
3. In a 1/2 bain-marie insert, pour a layer of the flavoured cream on the base.
4. Neatly arrange a layer of potatoes, followed by a layer of the cream, then another layer of potatoes until all the potatoes and cream have been used up.
5. Cover with foil and cook in oven for 30–40 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
6. Place an empty 1/2 bain-marie insert on top, then add a weight on top to compact the cream and potatoes.
7. Allow to cool, then place in fridge to set before cutting into portions.
CHUNKY GREEK SALAD:
1. Mix together all the ingredients. Then store in a container in the fridge.
2. Add with 150 ml of fresh tonic water.
1. Mix together all the ingredients. Season with the salt and pepper.
JUS: (MAKES 1 L)
1. A. Make a slurry with the Knorr Jus and a small amount of the water.
2. Bring the remaining water to the boil, then add the slurry. Bring back to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
1. Heat the dauphinoise portion in the oven while sealing off the lamb.
2. Place on plate, followed by the lamb, the salad, jus and tzatziki.