- Legal and policies
- Gift Cards Terms and Conditions
Gift card terms & conditions
Makro may, from time to time, issue physical or electronic gift vouchers (“Gift Cards”) available for use on the Website towards the purchase of Makro products. Makro reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions of Gift Cards at any time. Gift Cards can only be redeemed while they are valid and their expiry dates cannot be extended. All our usual Terms and Conditions and policies apply to Gift Cards. When you receive a Gift Card, you agree to these terms and conditions. It is important to read and understand them before you use your Gift Card:
- Makro Gift Cards are valid for three years from the date of card issue.
- Gift Cards can be redeemed in-store only, at all Makro stores.
- Gift Cards must be presented in conjunction with a Makro access card.
- Makro Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for cash or credit notes and cannot be returned.
- For purchases made using the Makro Gift Cards, please follow our Returns Policy.
- Should you not utilise the full value of your Gift Card on your first purchase, a credit will remain on the card for future use.
- Should the card be lost or stolen and it is used then neither Makro, or its agents will be liable for any reimbursement of any nature.
- For a balance enquiry, SMS your Gift Card number to 34543 or call 083 918 7700. SMS messages are charged at R2/ SMS. Standard cell phone rate apply. Free minutes do not apply.
Makro birthday vouchers terms & conditions
“Spoil yourself with a R100.00 discount when you spend R800.00 or more in-store,”
1. How to qualify?
1.1 As a Makro customer you automatically qualify for a birthday voucher if you are registered on the Makro database.
1.2 Makro customers must have their 13 digit ID number captured on the database and must be opted-in to receive communications from Makro via SMS or Email.
1.3 A valid cellphone number and or email address must also be captured on the database.
2. How to redeem?
2.1 On your birthday an email or SMS will be sent to you with a voucher number which can be redeemed at any Makro store when you spend R800.00 or more on any department, R100.00 will be deducted off your purchase.
2.2 You must spend R800.00 or more on a single transaction.
2.3 Simply give the voucher number to the cashier and he/she will punch it into the system to redeem your R100.00 off. (Vouchers are not redeemable online).
Spoil yourself with a R100.00 voucher at any Makro store”
3. How to qualify?
3.1 As a Makro customer you automatically qualify for a birthday voucher if you are registered on the Makro database.
3.2 Customers must have a Makro credit account (RCS).
3.3 Makro customers must have their 13 digit ID number captured on the database and must be opted-in to receive communications from Makro via SMS or email.
3.4 A valid cellphone number must also be captured on the database.
4. How to redeem?
4.1 On your birthday an SMS or email will be sent to you with a voucher number which can be redeemed at any Makro store – You can spend the voucher on any department.
4.2 Simply give the voucher number to the cashier and he/she will punch it into the system to redeem your R100.00 off (vouchers are not redeemable online).
4.3 You do not have to spend any specified amount in order to redeem your R100.00 voucher.
5.1 If two or more customers share the same birthday month and have the same cell number or email address captured on the database; only one randomly selected customer will receive the voucher.
5.2 The voucher number is not linked to your customer profile and is randomly generated which may only be used once.
5.3 The voucher will expire on the last day of the month following your birthday month.
5.4 Makro staff members are not eligible to receive any of the above birthday vouchers.