- Legal and policies
- Gift Cards Terms and Conditions
Gift card terms & conditions
Makro may, from time to time, issue physical or electronic gift vouchers (“Gift Cards”) available for use on the Website towards the purchase of Makro products. Makro reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions of Gift Cards at any time. Gift Cards can only be redeemed while they are valid and their expiry dates cannot be extended. All our usual Terms and Conditions and policies apply to Gift Cards. When you receive a Gift Card, you agree to these terms and conditions. It is important to read and understand them before you use your Gift Card:
- Makro Gift Cards are valid for three years from the date of card issue.
- Gift Cards can be redeemed in-store only, at all Makro stores.
- Gift Cards must be presented in conjunction with a Makro access card.
- Makro Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for cash or credit notes and cannot be returned.
- For purchases made using the Makro Gift Cards, please follow our Returns Policy.
- Should you not utilise the full value of your Gift Card on your first purchase, a credit will remain on the card for future use.
- Should the card be lost or stolen and it is used then neither Makro, or its agents will be liable for any reimbursement of any nature.
- For a balance enquiry, SMS your Gift Card number to 34543 or call 083 918 7700. SMS messages are charged at R2/ SMS. Standard cell phone rate apply. Free minutes do not apply.