- Payment types
We want to make shopping as convenient as possible for you. In keeping with this philosophy, there are a number of accepted payment types for Makro shoppers, for both online and in-store purchases. We accept all of the following payment methods:
In-store payment methods
Accepted payment methods for in-store purchases include:
- Gift cards
- Makro credit card
- Makro finance
- Makro cash loans
Online payment methods
Accepted payment methods for online purchases include:
- Makro credit card
- Makro cash loans
PayU online payment
Online shopping just got easier! You no longer need a credit card to shop online with Makro. Shoppers who bank with FNB, Standard Bank, Nedbank or ABSA can use Internet banking with the instant service from PayU Smart EFT.
- When you checkout and choose to pay with PayU, you will be redirected to sign into the secure payments page.
- Select your preferred payment option: credit card, cash or bank transfer.
- PayU validates the transaction information through its Fraud Detection System.
- You will receive an email confirmation of the payment and your order will be confirmed
Earn and spend eBucks
Makro is an official eBucks partner, which means you receive even more benefits when you shop at Makro and are eBucks account holder.
Use your qualifying FNB or RMB Private Bank account to earn eBucks and spend them on everything from gadgets to fashion and groceries, online and in-store. You can also earn eBucks on a Makro gift card.
To join eBucks or learn more, visit eBucks.com or call 087 320 3200.
Get more with UCount Rewards
Makro is a Rewards Retailer on the Standard Bank UCount Rewards and UCount Rewards for Business programmes. If you are a member, you can collect UCount rewards points every time you shop online or in-store at Makro – and you can redeem your rewards points at Makro too!
Here’s how it works…
- Join UCount Rewards and / or UCount Rewards for Business and shop with your qualifying Standard Bank personal or business Credit, Cheque or Debit Card. You will collect rewards points when you use your Card to pay for your purchases at Makro stores nationwide and online.
- When shopping at Makro, you will collect up to 2%* back in rewards points on general merchandise
- Members on the UCount Rewards programme will get up to 20%* back in rewards points on grocery purchases made in-store.
- You can also redeem your rewards points to pay for your purchases in- store or online at Makro. When redeeming your points on general merchandise, you will get up to 0.75%* back in rewards points on the value of your purchase.
Join UCount Rewards today!
You can join UCount Rewards and / or UCount Rewards for Business online by visiting www.standardbank.co.za/UCount or by calling 0862 UCOUNT (826868).
*Terms and conditions apply, refer to www.standardbank.co.za/UCount Note: The option to part-pay using your Standard Bank card and rewards points is not currently available when purchasing online at Makro.
Give a Makro Gift Card
Makro gift cards make the perfect present, giving your friends and family a world of choice. Gift cards are available at till points at all Makro stores and can be loaded with your chosen amount ranging between R50 and R5000.
Call our national contact centre to place a bulk order on 0860 300 999.
All tender types as currently accepted by Makro can be used to purchase gift cards, including eBucks and RCS cards.
In order to check the balance on a gift card, you can:
- Ask a cashier at any main store till point
- SMS your gift card number to 34543 (SMS charged at R2)
- Collect the water you warm up before washing dishes or showering and use for the kettle or to rinse dishes.
- Call 083 918 7700.
Makro credit solutions
Live the life you have always wanted with finance to suit your needs and your pocket, including:
- Credit Card for everyday purchases up to R50 000
- In-store Finance for larger, once-off purchases up to R125 000
- Cash Loans of up to R150 000 deposited into your bank account within 24 hours
Our Credit Solutions are powered by RCS, a registered Credit and authorised Financial Services Provider. NCRCP 38/FSP 44481. Terms and conditions apply.